How to change the admin username and password?
- The default admin user name cannot be changed.
- Change the password by following these steps: Connect your Smartphone with TripMate, login 10.10.10.254 -> go to settings -> User -> change password -> save
How to change TripMate SSID name and password?
- Connect your smartphone to Tripmate, login 10.10.10.254 -> settings -> network->Wi-Fi&LAN -> change ssid and password -> save
How to disable DHCP?
- Connect your Smartphone to TripMate, login 10.10.10.254 -> Settings -> Network setting -> DHCP server -> Disabled -> Save
How to reset TripMate?
- Press the reset button besides USB port by using a needle-like object
- Hold for 10 seconds until the Wi-Fi LED indicator starts to blinking
- Release the needle and wait for the TripMate to reboot
Note: Please make sure you TripMate has at least 50% power left (2 blue led power light on) before resetting it
How to set up Router Mode?
Definition of Router Mode: Tripmate is connected to a DSL or cable modem and works as a regular router
Application: Internet access from a DSL or cable modem is one option for users, but more users need to share the Internet
How to set up Router Mode?
What you need
- A network router (wireless or wired)
- Network adapters installed on all devices (smartphone/pc/laptop/tablet) to be connected to the router
- A working Internet modem (optional)
- A Web browser installed at least one computer in the network
- From your web browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, or any other web browser), go to : 10.10.10.254
How do I know if my DSL or Cable uses Dynamic IP, Static IP or PPPoE to connect to the Internet?
- The best thing to do would be to contact your Internet provider to be sure. However, there are a couple things you can check on your own that can help you determine this: When you use your DSL or Cable modem without the Router how does it work?Do you not have to assign any IP addresses or DNS settings to get it working? If so, that is a Dynamic IP Address setup.If you have go to into the TCP/IP settings and specify the IP address and the DNS settings that is a Static IP Address setup. If you have to click on an icon that goes through a connection process that uses a User name and Password, that is a PPPoE IP address setup. Once you are able to determine that you should be able to follow the instructions in the user manual
How to upgrade TripMate firmware?
- Attach a USB storage device with TripMate (Tripmate's built in RAM is limited, so it need external storage as extra RAM)
Note: It is better to put the firmware file in your cell phone or laptop which has access to 10.10.10.254 rather than in USB storage device attached to TripMate.
- Make sure your TripMate is powered on. Join in Tripmate's local Wi-Fi network and log in 10.10.10.254 web end
- Go to settings -> system -> firmware -> upgrade -> select firmware file from your cellphone or laptop -> save -> wait for finish and reboot.
How to see all available Wi-Fi networks?
- Download ""HooToo TripMate"" app from Google marketplace or Apple APP store to your phone or other wireless devices
- Connect your phone to the TripMate
- Open app, tap ""my TripMate"" -> setting -> Wi-Fi connection. Now you can view all the Wi-Fi network available, corresponding signal strength, and whether the access point IS open or not
Where to see the firmware version?
- Connect your Smartphone with TripMate and login 10.10.10.254. The firmware version is available to be seen under the "information!"
How to connect to a hidden SSID?
- Turn the hidden SSID to “Visible”
- Connect your TripMate with it for once
- Hide the SSID again
- The TripMate is able to remember the hidden SSID setting even after rebooting. Thus you will be able to make them connected even when the SSID is hidden.
Why there is no DLNA option in the 10.10.10.254 page?
- Some browser may not display this information correctly. Please try using a different browser.
Why the max size of transferring a file is 2 GB?
- It is due to the limitation of all 5350 Wi-Fi chip, which cannot transfer anyfile larger than 2 GB.
Where can I find the latest firmware and user manual?
- You can download the latest firmware and user manual from our product page.
Why network speed decreases in bridge mode?
- While operating in bridging mode, wireless APs utilize a substantial amount of bandwidth. Wireless clients on bridged Wi-Fi networks generally share the same bandwidth as the bridge devices. Therefore, clients tend to perform slower in bridging mode than otherwise.
Can any TripMate router access 2 USB storage devices simultaneously
- No. TripMate can only access the first USB storage device it connects to. If you connect the TripMate with a USB hub, and plug two USB flash drive into the hub. TripMate only let you access the first USB flash drive you plugged in.
Will USB storage device draw power from the TripMate?
- Yes. TripMate will use its power to power up the USB storage device. In fact, you can use the TripMate to power up any USB device: USB flashlight, USB fan or even USB fridge. Just be aware of the battery level when powering up other USB devices.
Can I keep the TripMate charging constantly?
- No, we don't suggest you do that, as this will be harmful to the built-in battery. If you need a permanent personal cloud, our TripMate Nano is designed with that purpose in mind. It does not have any internal battary and can be powered by USB power source constantly.
Does the TripMate support MAC formatted disk?
- No. TripMate support windows format USB storage devices (NTFS / FAT 16 / FAT 32)
What is the rated power of TripMate elite's AC power plug input?
- AC input: 100-240V/2.1A, 50/60Hz
Can I convert the wireless network to an Ethernet connection via TripMate? (WAN / LAN port)
- No, the Ethernet port on TripMate is a WAN port, which can only receive hard wired network signal and convert it into wireless network signal, then rebroadcast it out. You cannot use the TripMate to receive a wireless network then output it via this WAN port.
Can the TripMate be used as FTP for printer or IP camera?
- No, TripMate cannot be used as a FTP server (storage path) for printer or IP camera.
Can the TripMate bridge iPhone Wi-Fi hotspot?
- No, due to the iPhone Wi-Fi hot spot restriction, other devices cannot bridge this signal.
How many devices can connect to the TripMate simultaneously?
- The TripMate can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously.
Why TripMate does not support 3.5" hard drive?
- This is because the output of TripMate is 5V/1A, which is not enough to afford a 3.5" hard drive.
How to access the hotel Wi-Fi (which has a login or authentication page)?
- Get the Wi-Fi user name and password of your room from hotel
- Connect your phone with TripMate, login its web end 10.10.10.254
- Go to setting -> internet -> wireless access -> scan -> select your hotel's Wi-Fi name (SSID), leave the password empty, save.
- Open another page on your phone browser and you will see the hotel restrict page popping up. Now login with the username & password you asked from hotel.
- Since your Tripmate's MAC address has been registered in hotel Wi-Fi system, other devices of you could access the network bridged by TripMate."
How to access the USB storage via app?
- Please download the TripMate app from Apple App store or Google play (TripMate app for windows phone is coming soon)
- Connect your Smartphone to TripMate, plug a USB storage device into TripMate and open the TripMate App. You will see there are 2 tabs at the bottom, the left one is your USB device storage, right one is your Smartphone storage
How to connect to HooToo from ES File Explorer
(take Tripmate Nano as an example)
- Connect to the ""TripMate Nano-XXXX"" network.
- Open the ""Network"" tab, and then the ""LAN"" sub-tab.
- Tap on ""Scan"" with the search icon. ""10.10.10.254"" should be shown in the available LAN networks, if not, please tap ""New""
- Tap and hold ""10.10.10.254"" , and then tap ""Edit Serer""
- Enter the following details
Domain: (Leave empty)
Username: admin (or whatever you chose as the username)
Password: (blank or whatever you chose as the password)
Display as: 10.10.10.254 (Or whatever name you want to choose)
(please delete ""IP$"" or similar characters)"
How to use DLNA
- -> Settings ->network services -> DLNA service. Turn on DLNA service and then put files that you want to stream in the path of "DLNA Directory".
Note: you can change the path by click "change directory.
How can I stream movies on iPhone/iPad?
- Movies in MP4 format can be streamed directly from TripMate app. Regarding other formats, please download a third party video player first. Then when you choose to play the video file, it will pop out a dialogue which requires you to select a suitable player/app.