HT-WR01 Wireless N Signal Repeater and Range Extender, (300 Mbps 802.11 b/g/n Access Point / Repeater with WPS Button)
- CHOOSE YOUR COUNTRY :
- Share this product :
- Q1.Why setup requests pin code and was unable to access 192.168.10.1?
- If you are setting up the device and you are asked to provide the 8-digit pin code, please click "Connect the network without setting it up" to avoid the pin code. Please refer to the attached file. This window should appear right before the pin code window.
- Q2.Why repeater decreases network speed?
- Please understand that sometimes a wireless repeater is slower for those connecting to the network using it. This is because it uses the same radio/frequency (2.4GHz) to accept incoming and outgoing packets from clients as it does to forward those packets on to the next wifi router and accept replies. So effectively you get half the bandwidth, as each packet must go over the air twice - from the client to the repeater, then from the repeater to the wifi router. This should be the industry standard with almost all repeaters. However, it will not affect anyone directly connected to the original wifi router (other than from having to share it among more people). So if you are in range of the wifi router and so connect to it rather than the repeater, you will get normal performance. That being said, the HooToo device in Repeater Mode splits its wireless bandwidth to "talk" with both your wireless router and your computer. Therefore its peak throughput (NOT average throughput) will be lower compared with AP-Bridge, AP-Router or Client Mode. For most people who rarely hit peak wireless bandwidth, Repeater Mode may still be the most convenient choice. For those who constantly use media streaming or real-time network gaming, we instead recommend AP-Bridge mode to expand the wireless network with less impact to peak performance.
- Q3.Why repeater does not load the configuration page 192.168.10.1?
Please follow the steps below:
1.reset your repeater(press the reset button until all the light off and wait them on)
2.Connect the repeater to your laptop with a network table
3.Disable the wireless adapter
4.Open a new browser window, and enter the address below:192.168.10.1
If you can’t access the address, open your Network & Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings (or Manage Network Connections).
A.Select your Ethernet card and then select properties. The "connection properties" window will appear.
B. In this window, double-click "Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)." The IP setting dialog will appear.
Type in the following settings:
IP address: 192.168.10.X (where ‘x’ is between 2~255)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway/Router: 192.168.10.1
Note: Do not change DNS settings
c. Click "OK" and wait a few seconds to allow the new settings to apply.
d. Access the address:192.168.10.1 again
5.choose Setup wizard - wireless repeater mode- next, wait it refresh
6.Select your router, enter the key and choose “save&reboot”
7.Enable your wireless adapter and pull the cable
8.Connect the repeater via wifi, right click it, choose properties
9.Enter your current router’s password - ok
- Q4.Why repeater works intermittently, not stable?
- First off I would recommend you to reset the device (when it's powered on, hold the reset button until the second indicator is off) and then set it up once again. Please understand that to identify the wall socket where you would like to place the HooToo device is of great importance. For instance, install the repeater halfway between your router and the deadspot. Please Ensure that your desired location has a stable Wi-Fi signal from your original router. Note that >80% signal strength is ideal.
- Q5.How to change repeater SSID?
1. When you connect to the repeater(WiFirepeater-1), login 192.168.10.1
2. Choose "Wireless" in the left-side list -> Basic settings
3. Here you can change your SSID -> Apply Changes
100.0mm x 60.0mm x 50.0mm
10% ~ 90% RH
2.4 GHz ~ 2.485 GHz